Thursday 13 August 2020

Perseids August 2020


Meteor shooting between Vega and Deneb at 1:00 BST on the 11th August 2020.
Canon 600d DSLR with EOS 18-55mm lens at f=18mm - all on a Star Adventurer equatorial mount.  50 x 1 minute RAW exposures stacked using DeepSkyStacker and the frame containing the meteor aligned and combined with the stacked image using Registar. The final image was cropped and enhanced. Credit: Joel Cairo


" Having recently joined the team at the Jodrell Plank Observatory, I was pleased that I was able to take a short summer holiday before taking up my full duties as CEO. During my stay by the sea in Bamburgh Northumberland, I managed to do a bit of astro-imaging between the clouds which seemed to materialize each evening as night fell. I was very lucky to have captured a Perseid meteor against the stars of the summer Milky Way two days before the predicted shower maximum". - Joel Cairo CEO of the Jodrell Plank Observatory

No comments:

Post a Comment